Connect and build with founders, operators, and leading minds in deep tech
On Deck Deep Tech (ODDT) is a continuous community where world-class scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and operators come together to build the future with deep tech.
Connect with a community passionate about pushing the boundaries of human potential
Exchange ideas with the best in deep tech
Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
Navigate the deep tech ecosystem supported by intimate masterminds with trusted peers
Access industry specific content you won’t find anywhere else
Thematic deep-dives from experts
High Signal Sessions With Industry’s Best
Ever-growing Library Of Content
Our speakers are top founders, operators and investors in deep tech including:
Everything you need to make an impact in deep tech, for years to come
Apply to On Deck Deep Tech
- De-risking your startup
- Developing innovative IP
- The fundraising landscape in deep tech
- Building a career in deep tech
- Increasing effectiveness in operations, R&D and technical roles
- Choosing your next opportunity
- Supporting breakout startups
- Supporting cutting-edge research
- Exploring the landscape of the ever-dynamic deep tech frontier
To be a good fit for On Deck Deep Tech, you are probably:
- A founder (first-time or repeat) looking to build a deep tech startup.
- An experienced operator in industry looking to network with other professionals to find a co-founder, build an early team for a deep tech company or find companies to advise. Some ways in which you may be able to lend your expertise to early stage teams (non-exhaustive list) are: productization/commercialization of research and technology, expertise in scaling new technology, very specialized skill sets in some frontier technology
- A professional with several years of experience in other sectors looking to transition into deep tech
- A scientist/engineer in academia or industry looking to build or join a deep tech startup
- A new college grad (STEM or otherwise) looking to join early stage deep tech startups
- An individual who, irrespective of educational background, has achieved proficiency in an enabling skillset (machine learning, robotics, chemical synthesis, etc) that can be useful to a deep tech company that is at an early stage.
While having technical training is an advantage for starting deep tech companies, it is not necessary. Many great founders in our industry come from diverse experience and backgrounds.
Our fellowship is here to support founders, researchers and operators at all stages of their development in deeptech. If you don’t have a team or co-founder, ODDT is the perfect place to find one.
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments (with no interest or additional charges). We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Between attending sessions, meeting other fellows 1:1, and curated mastermind groups you can expect to spend ~2 hours per week engaging with the program. We recognize that everyone in the program is working full time with busy schedules and a lot of personal commitments so engagement may vary week to week and that’s ok.
We have purposefully structured the program with your busy schedules in mind, allowing for structured content, a speaker series, and more curated small group sessions pairing those with challenges to those who have solved them before. We will also engage asynchronously on Slack. This structure will continue throughout the annual membership.
Yes: On Deck Deep Tech will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve mastered the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.