Connect and build with founders, operators, and leading minds in deep tech
On Deck Deep Tech (ODDT) is a continuous community where world-class scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, and operators come together to build the future with deep tech.
The On Deck Deep Tech Fellowship is designed for
Scientist & Engineers
Operators & Advisors
Inventors & Creatives
Connect with a community obsessed with deep tech
Exchange ideas with the best in deep tech
Meet your Deep Tech Tribe
Navigate the deep tech ecosystem with trusted peers in mastermind groups
Acquire deep tech-specific frameworks, knowledge and skills from experts.
Thematic deep-dives from experts
High Signal Sessions With Industry’s Best
Ever-growing Library Of Content
Our speakers are top builders, operators, and supporters in deep tech, including:
Everything you need to make an impact in deep tech, for years to come
Apply to On Deck Deep Tech
- De-risking your startup
- Developing innovative IP
- The fundraising landscape in deep tech
- Explore a career in deep tech
- Meet brilliant minds and ideas
- Choosing your next opportunity
- Supporting breakout startups
- Discover breakthrough research
- Explore the new deep tech frontier
To be a good fit for On Deck Deep Tech, you are probably:
- A founder (first-time or repeat) looking to build a deep tech startup.
- An experienced operator in industry looking to network with other professionals to find a co-founder, build an early team for a deep tech company or find companies to advise. Some ways in which you may be able to lend your expertise to early stage teams (non-exhaustive list) are: productization/commercialization of research and technology, expertise in scaling new technology, very specialized skill sets in some frontier technology
- A professional with several years of experience in other sectors looking to transition into deep tech
- A scientist/engineer in academia or industry looking to build or join a deep tech startup
- A new college grad (STEM or otherwise) looking to join early stage deep tech startups
- An individual who, irrespective of educational background, has achieved proficiency in an enabling skillset (machine learning, robotics, chemical synthesis, etc) that can be useful to a deep tech company that is at an early stage.
While a tech background is certainly great, there are ample opportunities for ambitious, passionate, quick-learning people without a tech background. You'll learn the ropes from people who are technical and figure out ways in which you can leverage your skills and passions in this new era. If you're in doubt, apply!
Our fellowship is here to support founders, researchers and operators at all stages of their development in deeptech. If you don’t have a team or co-founder, ODDT is the perfect place to find one.
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments (with no interest or additional charges). We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Between attending sessions, meeting other fellows 1:1, and curated mastermind groups you can expect to spend ~2 hours per week engaging with the program. We recognize that everyone in the program is working full time with busy schedules and a lot of personal commitments so engagement may vary week to week and that’s ok.
We have purposefully structured the program with your busy schedules in mind, allowing for structured content, a speaker series, and more curated small group sessions pairing those with challenges to those who have solved them before. We will also engage asynchronously on Slack. This structure will continue throughout the annual membership.
Yes: On Deck Deep Tech will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve mastered the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
- Founders - those looking to start, or have started a company. We welcome both first-time and serial founders.
- Explorers - those curious about deep tech and exploring their potential place in the ecosystem
- Joiners - those who know deep tech is for them and are looking for opportunities to leverage their skillsets and experience
- Inventors & Creatives - those who love tinkering with technology and who building on their vision of a deeply technological future.
- Scientists & Engineers - From academia, industry, or otherwise, join us if you're looking to build or join a deep tech startup.
- College Students & Grads - Those in STEM or otherwise, looking to join and build early-stage deep tech startups
- Operators & Advisors - those who've been in the game, understand how mature markets and companies operate and want to give back to the next generation of deep technologists. Network with other professionals, offer your specialized skill set and help with productization and commercialization of research and technology
Yes. This program is fully remote. Timing will take place largely around the PST & EST time zones, but sessions are recorded.
Yes, you can, bring your startup to ODDT!
No, you don't have to have your own idea. We help explorers find their next idea.
It starts Oct 16th. Applications close on Oct 2nd.
After one year of membership, you will have the opportunity to renew your membership. If you choose not to renew your membership, you will lose access to all On Deck platforms, networks, and content.
- Community - Find your tribe in our growing collective of ambitious founders, builders, explorers, and mentors.
- Educational Sessions - from how to manage your IP, to securing LOIs, picking cofounders & opportunities, commercializing your research, what to build in Space, how to go from an idea to funding, and much more.
- Build week - All of On Deck focuses on building for an entire week, get inspired by your peers, and share your progress at the end of the week.
- VC venture dinners - get advice from leading VCs globally, and learn what it takes to build a business that's ready for venture capital.
- Curated connections - We'll pair you with people who share similar interests, industries, and who are in similar paths along their deep-tech journey.
- Group Office Hours - peer-to-peer sharing with brilliant minds in your field, as a tight squad. Brainstorm, ask questions, get unblocked.
- Mastermind sessions - Meet with an intimate group of ambitious builders and hold each other accountable on your goals, every 2 weeks. Share your challenges, get actionable feedback, commit to moving the needle, and share your progress in 2 weeks!
- On Deck Directory - On Deck is constantly growing as a community. You'll have access to the directory of people involved, across all On Deck programs from OD Angels, to OD Founders, to OD Longevity Biotech and more!
No! We built On Deck Deep Tech so that there's plenty of community, education, and connection sessions - no matter the stage of your deep tech adventure. We have designed the program for busy schedules, you have the option to select what you want to participate in!