On Deck Health Fellowship (ODH)
Come together to build
world-changing health tech companies
The On Deck Health Fellowship is a 10-week program that brings together startup and healthcare experts looking to found, join, invest in, and advise cutting-edge health tech companies. We combine a world-class curriculum with top industry speakers, unique access to investors and a pre-vetted pool of potential hires to help you create the future of healthcare.
“I'm excited to join ODH because the COVID-19 pandemic has made it clear that we need collaborative and innovative solutions to improve our healthcare system.”
“I'm excited to join On Deck's community of health leaders with a range of backgrounds and problem-solving perspectives as I take my experience in government and think about my next steps to drive scalable system transformation from a different angle.”
“As healthcare comes home there's more opportunities than ever to create new systems that better serve people — and communities like On Deck create environments to think, plan, and execute new models of clinical research and care.”
“"I'm excited to meet fellow CEOs running Healthcare Start-ups."
“I'm excited to discuss the future of healthcare payments with people who truly understand how the system works today.”
“I'm excited to build relationships and increase my deal flow in digital health.”
Everything you need to build a successful health tech venture
Immerse yourself in the health tech space
Find partners and expand your network in healthcare
Validate & build your health tech startup
Join a community of builders and healthcare experts
Candice Blacknall, MD
Apply for the Health Fellowship
Our Fellows are the heartbeat of our community. Here's what they have to say.View More
Curriculum & Speakers
Daniel Durand, MD
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Scaled With Software
Spirit of Service
Apply for the Health Fellowship
To be a good fit for ODH, you are probably:
- 100% committed to health tech for the next 5+ years of their career
- Looking to start, scale, join, or advise/invest in a health tech startup
- For founders, timing can range from an incredible founder in another industry who just started exploring the health ecosystem (as long as they’re 100% committed to the space) or founders of a larger health tech startup looking to scale or raise a series A+
- For builders, we’re looking for mid-career fellows with deep expertise in their chosen field, including product management, practicing medicine, or building and scaling startups (just for starters)
- For all Fellows, you should be thrilled to be both a mentor and a mentee to fellows with different areas of expertise and backgrounds. The goal is that you'll be leaving the fellowship with meaningful, deep relationships in the health tech space that they can carry throughout their career
Joining the On Deck Health Fellowship costs $1990.
We're currently offering this as special early-bird pricing—it'll rise in the coming months, so apply now!
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments rather than pay the full cost upfront. We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Between speakers, advising sessions, and mastermind groups, you should expect the fellowship to take up around three to four hours a week.
Beyond required sessions, ODH is a choose-your-own-adventure buffet. You get out what you put in: often, the biggest contributors are also the biggest beneficiaries.
Depending on your schedule and interests, you could choose to:
- Attend everything and “gorge” yourself on knowledge until you explode
- Tune in at your leisure to attend sessions that interest you
- Or just search the directory and connect with interesting people one-on-one
- Most ODH Fellows have full-time jobs and some have clinical responsibilities, so our programming is designed with that in mind.
Yes: ODH will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve mastered the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
Yes; ODH will be run entirely remotely, but the focus will be on companies and organizations with products and services serving the U.S. healthcare system and American consumers. This enables participation from all corners of the world, while providing the most valuable experience possible for the fellows.