Learn, connect and level up with the best product leaders in tech
Here’s what other Fellows have been saying about their ODPM experience
"The ODPM community is the sounding board you've always wanted in your PM career. ODPM harnesses for you the domain expertise, life experiences and empathy of those who are with you along your journey, those who have come before you, and, everything in between."
"ODPM provides clarity and community. Being a product manager can be lonely and ambiguous. ODPM brings together ambitious product managers and leaders in the same room, giving them the tools to level up with intention and purpose."
“ODPM will give you the jolt of inspiration you need. You will gain a community of PMs that will share the same challenges as you. You will have honest and refreshing discussions with your peers in ways that will make you realise how much you needed them!"
"ODPM is a network of fellow PMs who are humble, eager to learn and grounded. This makes for a group that is sensitive, vulnerable, caring and open to sharing and learning from each other. It goes to show how carefully the community has been selected."
"In the ODPM fellowship, everyone is so open, honest, and willing to be vulnerable with each other. I really feel like I'm making true connections and that we are a part of a community."
"ODPM represents so much that is needed in the PM world: real community built on authentic connection, knowledge share, and safe space for vulnerable conversations; all supported by an incredible wheelhouse of resources at OnDeck. These guys know how to recruit and build communities."
"As a PM at a startup, I found the ODPM program provided abundant structure and tools in navigating the ambiguity, uncertainty, and blurry boundaries that come with the role. Even more invaluable were the relationships I developed. I could lean on the experience, expertise, and empathy of a community and find opportunities to pay it forward"
"ODPM helped me level-up some of my product thinking, and even more importantly helped me connect with like-minded product leaders to develop the beginning of a mentor/advisor network and do some deep dives on key issues we were/are all having as product leaders"
"ODPM is a community where you go to learn industry veterans via fireside chats and talks, and learn from a group of thoughtful and mindful peers."
Join a trusted community of product leaders
A community to support you whenever you need
Meaningful connections with peers, mentors and future collaborators
Socialize and mingle with the On Deck community
Navigate your career supported by intimate masterminds with trusted peers
Accelerate your career through specialized tracks led by the best in the industry
- High agency PMing and ownership
- Defining and driving product strategy
- High impact execution, decision making and thriving in uncertainty
- Excelling in high stakes & high performance situations
- Rigorous approaches to solving challenging problems
- Developing and scaling high performance teams
- Managing people through servant leadership
- Influencing across and effectively communicating your product vision
- Delivering strong team outcomes
- Defining and differentiating yourself as a product leader
Continuously level up and gain confidence with weekly Learning Sessions
Practical learning opportunities
High-signal sessions with industry’s best
Ever-growing library of content
Everything you need to accelerate your career, for years to come
Apply to On Deck Product Management
What does a typical month at ODPM look like?
Read stories from our alumni
Leadership Through Ownership: A Product Manager’s Guide
This guide covers what it means to have an owner’s mindset, where teams go wrong in achieving and maintaining strong morale, and how product managers are specifically well positioned as leaders to affect change across their organization.
Ready to apply?
To be a good fit :
- You are a senior PM who has shipped multiple products, can "talk shop" with other PMs and help other PMs (~ 3-5 yrs experience in a product management role).
- You think broadly and creatively about their career, are not confined to thinking linearly and have a deep desire to explore more and leverage your PM experience into more optionality.
- You have a desire to contribute to the broader product community
- You should be excited about being both a mentor and a mentee to other fellows with different levels of experience and backgrounds. The goal is that you'll be leaving the fellowship with meaningful, deep relationships in the product management ecosystem that you can carry throughout your career
- You should be eager to be an active participant in a growing community, as much of the value of On Deck comes from the network and peer to peer learning
Most PM programs are primarily concerned with just leveling your skills up, with limited community involvement. They often don’t focus on you as an individual, and aim to help you get better at your job. ODPM is different for this reason, because it focuses on all three of the following together:
- Helping you hone your skills through hands on workshops and expert speakers.
- Creating a trusted network of PM peers – people you can turn to for the toughest problems, high quality and matched by specialization. No other program on the market is as intentionally focused on this.
- Productizing your knowledge and experience. No other program on the market is as intentionally focused on this. A passive flywheel for opportunities. Proven formula that you can repeat as you gain more experience.
ODPM membership is $4,990/year.
After acceptance, we’ll work with your team to expense some or all of the cost as L&D.
As a participant, you get access to:
* Annual programming & curriculum, including live and recorded programming, breakout sessions and guided workshops.
* On Deck’s online community and On Deck Directory, where you’ll be able to search and filter the Directory and Slack community to learn more about your peers and ask or answer questions.
* Dedicated Mastermind groups with peers from diverse and similar backgrounds to build accountability and a support network - the PM role can be lonely!
* And ultimately, the life-changing opportunity to build relationships with high potential, high octane people. This community will likely follow you deep into your ever-evolving career.
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments (with no interest or additional charges). We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Between attending your workshops and giving peer feedback, you should expect your PM workshops to take up around three to 2-3 hours a week. The more time you put in, the more opportunities to network and get the most out of the program.
Yes: ODPM will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve spent multiple ODF cohorts mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
The deadline for the second cohort of ODPM is November 30, 2021.
After one year of membership, you will have the opportunity to renew your membership. If you choose not to renew your membership, you will lose access to all On Deck platforms, networks, and content.